I am so excited to be getting back to my blog!! It has been such a crazy couple months and trying to adjust to so much happening has been crazy. However, I think we are finally at a place where I can start giving the blog more of my time.
Our little family has been having some fun this month. The girls are on Fall break right now and having the time of their lives. They got spoiled like crazy at their Grandma Linda’s house for a few days, celebrated their Great Grandfather’s birthday, then came home and got to go camping with my mom. These girls love to be on the go and get bored so easily…so this is great for them!!
Greg and I have had some nice quiet evenings and some quality time together with the two oldest girls being gone. We completely forgot how easy it is only having 1 kid around!! We have also had so much fun just being able to play with Grey and really giving her some quality alone time that she NEVER gets with her sisters around. Sometimes I feel like I never give each of my girls their own quality time. It is a struggle I am sure I will always have!
The most exciting thing that has happened is getting my new iPhone 7!! I went from 16GB to 256GB and I am taking full advantage of it!! I am obsessed with taking photos and now I don’t have to delete them every day!!
I hope you all have a great day, and thanks for standing by and being so supportive of my little break!!
Being already 3 deep in this whole kid situation I have some experience with the dreaded toddler stage. Why are these little monsters so angry all the time? Why do they literally go from laughing to screaming in seconds? What could they possibly want from me that I haven’t already offered them? When are they going to just be content? These are questions I ask myself on a daily basis while dealing with Grey. This little girl literally baffles me most days.
So this got me to thinking…why is she so angry? The last few days I have been observing her and seeing what triggers her to get so angry. I came up with a few reasons why she and other toddlers are angry all the time!
- They fall constantly! I don’t know about you, but if I fell 90% of the time I walked…I would be pissed to! That has to be so annoying to be happily going to a certain destination and then…BAM…you are on the floor. Can you imagine?
- Everyone is telling them to take a nap. Maybe they just want to scream, or throw the bowl of cereal across the kitchen. Maybe they just want to scream NO at you all day for fun. This in NO WAY means they need a nap. If someone told me to always be taking a nap….well I would probably love them and oblige!
- Nobody has a clue what they are saying! I can’t even begin to imagine how annoying this would be! Can you imagine carrying on a 10 minute conversation with someone and all they do is sit there and either mimic you or say “uh huh”, “oh sure”, “no way”, or “tell me all about it.” They totally know we don’t know what they are saying and it is frustrating!
- Clothes should not be mandatory! These little creatures hate being held down by anything and clothes count! They HATE having anything slowing them down or touching them! This usually makes them very angry!
- You never get it right! Moms are never getting their drinks in the right color cup, or give them the correct color fork with the corresponding plate. They don’t understand how we couldn’t know that nothing on their plate should touch, but that rule only applies to Monday and Tuesday…on Wednesday the food can touch, but has to be certain colors…then on Thursday we can mix all the food together and it doesn’t matter! I don’t understand why us mothers can’t keep all these rules straight!! (insert eye roll)
- They crap their pants! I don’t know what would make me more mad than walking around with poop in my pants. I get it…I totally get it!
- We don’t take them serious. We should know that they don’t need our help or advice while doing things. We should know that when they freak out over trying to put their pants on…they don’t want our help, they just want to freak out over it! Leave them alone and let them figure it out!
- We are always taking away their fun! They want to stick their little finger in the light socket. They want to grab the dog by the ears and get bit. They don’t want to hold your hand so they won’t fall down. They want to pull the entire shelf over on top of them…THAT IS FUN!! So we need to stop taking away their fun!!
- They have only known you for a couple years. I don’t know about you…but I don’t always trust people I have only known for a short while. It takes time to build that trust and they don’t trust you!!
- Tantrums are awesome! Don’t take their tantrums away from them. They are great stress relievers for these little dictators and they need them!!
As you can see…there is a lot we can learn from our sweet little monsters! I understand Grey so much more after observing what was making her so angry the last few days. Unfortunately for her…she will continue to be an angry little person because mommy will make her take a nap, not let her lick batteries, make her wear clothes, and never understand what she is saying! However…it is still fun trying!
Hey hey ladies!! I am back after a horrible week of everyone in this house being sick..myself included! I am feeling a little better, but still have a pretty awesome cold going on. I HATE being sick!! Who has time for it?
So I have been really spreading myself a little thin lately and my blog has suffered because of it. I just haven’t had time to sit down and write. However today I am so excited to tell you about a new adventure I decided to take on. I AM IN NO WAY trying to sell to you guys!! I don’t want this blog to become a place I constantly talk about this journey, however this blog is about me and my life and this is a part of it now. So I will only mention it every once in a while and only when I get really excited about something!
So what is it??
I have decided to start selling Younique makeup! Again…before you tune out…I am NOT selling it here!! I will just tell you about my journey and some things that happen with it! I will also be showing off some of my makeup looks and getting your opinions on it cuz I know there are so many of you who are awesome at makeup!!
So why did I decide?
I wanted to start selling it just for fun! I love makeup and I love social media, so I thought I would put both of them together and earn some free makeup while doing it! I am so happy I did, as I have really found something I am passionate about and enjoy doing. I also love what the company supports and stands for. For every purchase made with Younique, a portion of it goes to helping women and children who have been abused! I LOVE being able to empower women while also teaching women how to feel more confident! If you have any questions for me, or don’t know what Younique is..feel free to ask me anything! I will not push anything, just answer questions!!
Love you all and I am so excited!!